Minimum Engagement Distance

Discuss CQB games and times to play.

Moderator: supercell

Minimum Engagement Distance

Postby Gsmith » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:02 pm

Do you plan to have any events with no minimum engagement distance? This rule really ruins the experience for me, half the time I'm just yelling Bang Bang instead of actually shooting."Bang" kills also seem to get abused a lot(Like safety killing 5 people at once with a pistol). I've played other fields without this rule in effect and it was much more fun, and never really seemed to get anyone hurt beyond a minor cut or welt.
Gsmith

Re: Minimum Engagement Distance

Postby supercell » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:47 pm

We have attempted them with closed groups. But insurance requires certain safety distances. I agree that folks don't get it. And if they did it by the way we have always stated. It would be so much better. But other than that. We have to play that way.
When we get The Rock Airsoft Opened up here in the very near future. It is so much more open than a CQB environment that it is a lot more conducive to very limited safety kill action.
supercell

Postby supercell » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:48 pm

And sorry for the late reply. I have been up working on The Rock Airsoft everyday.

Jon
supercell

Postby Vezina » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:06 pm

I don't like this rule either. Much more fun without it.
Vezina

Postby supercell » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:57 am

When the Safety kills are done correctly they are beneficial. But with different levels of players it seldom ever happens successfully through an entire event. But that doesn't mean insurance and the safety of players isn't more important. We also loose more new players to being shot up close than most other issues.
Another bad thing is the same people that are saying they don't like Safety kills are the same people that whine about getting shot up close. And they don't think about why it is happening. And how people are always coming in. And always learning how to get better. It is a repeating cycle.
supercell

Return to So Go Airsoft CQB(Indoor Airsoft)